The Bumbys

BY SHELDON

The Bumby's The Bumby's attends the bar III Pop-Up Shop Women's consumer event with The Bumby's presented by FIJI Water, official bottled water of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 17, 2011 in New York City.

This might seem strange but these guys actually get paid for giving "fair and honest appraisals of your appearance".

They are Gill and Jill Bumby and through their ingenious writing and the mysteriousness around them (the masks, the wigs, the typewriters) they've been causing commotion and 40-minute-long lines everywhere they go.

You basically stand in front of them as they type in a small card how they 'honestly' feel about your style and rate your look.
It is really a simple idea but the feeling of not knowing who they are, the fear of wondering if you'll be stylish enough for them, and the funny comments you get can be quite an experience.

They have made appearances at several fashion parties and you can also ask them to be at yours. It is one of the coolest things I've seen so far. I sure want them at my party!