Jamie XX

BY SHELDON

I had been meaning to write about Jamie XX for quite some time but I started having second thoughts about him and that kept me from going. After listening to his wonderful collaborations and remixes for a couple of times more, I finally decided to make the post. (maybe a little too late, but anyway)

As you may already know, Jamie XX is part of the emblematic band that shocked us all back in 2009 called The XX. But, when not playing with them, Jamie produced and remixed tracks of artists such as Florence + the Machine (yes, we are all quite familiar with that awesome remix), Jack Peñate and Glasser.

Earlier this year he released a remix album for Gil Scott-Heron's "I'm New Here" that was praised by the media everywhere. Since then, we began to see more of his solo projects including mixtapes for Colette and Carhartt. All of his work is in a way imprinted with the same beats we're used to listening from The XX but with a much darker and techno side to them.

Say goodbye to The XX and hello to it's mastermind Jamie XX because this is his year.

Jamie XX - Far Nearer

Jamie XX - Beat For

Adele - Rolling In The Deep (Jamie XX remix)

Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie XX - I'll Take Care of You