A great YBA called Marc Quinn

Marc Quinn was born in London in 1964. He is one of the most interesting and compelling artists working today. The work that brought him into the larger public consciousness was Self (1991), a cast of the artist's head made from 4.5 litres of his own blood.

I really like his work, he has very original ideas and I love the new fresh wave of artists; he is in the one called Young British Artists or YBAs, I think it's amazing he's made a head of his own blood, he also has some sculptures of Kate Moss in several yoga possitions, and one of those is made of 14k gold.

For the first time all of Marc Quinn's ‘blood head’ self portraits will be exhibited together. Each portrait is a documentation of the artist’s head, as it ages every five years, and so represents a portrait of the artist over a fifteen year period. The four blood head sculptures will be included in a solo exhibition of the artist's work at Fondation Beyeler, Basel until 19 July. If you are in Basel, I think it's a unique experience.So check out more of Quinn's amazing artwork, and tell me about it.

STUFF BY JAY VIGO